The Smackdown will begin at 6:00 PM SHARP on 4/14. If you're not there on time, your spot will be given to someone who is.
- A match is played best 3 of 5 games (or 4/7 or 5/9). For each game, the first player to reach 11 points wins that game, however a game must be won by at least a two point margin.
- A point is scored after each ball is put into play (not just when the server wins the point as in volleyball).
- The edges of the table are part of the legal table surface, but not the sides.
Flow of the Match:
- Each player serves two points in a row and then switch server. However, if a score of 10-10 is reached in any game, then each server serves only one point and then the server is switched.
- After each game, the players switch side of the table. In the final game (ie 5th game), the players switch side again after either player reaches 5 points.
- The ball must rest on an open hand palm.
- Then it must be tossed up at least 6 inches and struck so the ball first bounces on the server's side and then the opponent's side.
- If the serve is legal except that it touches the net, it is called a let serve. Let serves are not scored and are reserved.
- The paddle should have a red and a black side.
- The ball should be either orange or white